Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Let Go ...


Let go…
Let go of expectation, let go of anticipation, let go of worry,   let go of fear, let go of anger.  Just let go... We hear this in so many spiritual teachings... But what does it mean to really surrender,  to really trust,  to really have faith,  to really get excited,  to really  live in joy ?
This is the quest I have been on for years.   Seeking out and living in my authenticity.  It requires daily letting go. Some days I am much better at this than others.  All in all,  each experience I have where I let go a little sooner  or a little quicker or a little more thoroughly brings me that much closer to the joy,   faith,  and trust I long to be in consistently...
The letting go I am referring to is the letting go of situations, people and things that are beyond our control. That doesn’t mean don’t have feelings about it. In fact, having feelings and expressing them is warranted and necessary. How you express them and to whom is a discussion for another day and all a part of this glorious journey..  so for now,  just  for today .. Be in the joy, faith and trust of letting go.

1 comment:

  1. After reading this blog post, I have chosen to let go of resentment. I did it today. I practiced it, I really looked at it and told it it wasn't going to take over. I didn't let it take over me and I felt so much better. I realized that by holding resentment towards someone only breeds more anger, and even more resentment. Thanks for this positive blog entry. I'll be coming back for more!

    ReplyDelete